Wednesday 4 April 2018

Boxer says he wants to kill someone in the ring and it could be Anthony Joshua

Wilder says he wants 'a body' on his record and he might be in trouble for the comment.

Deontay Wilder plaDeontay Wilder says he wants to kill someone in the ring and it could be Anthony Joshua (Getty Images)

American boxer Deontay Wilder has revealed his shocking intention of killing someone in the ring and it might be Anthony Joshua.
The WBC champion who has knocked out 39 of his 40 opponents in his professional career, is expected to face WBOWBAIBO and IBF champion Joshua for the unification fight.
In a recent interview, the 32-year-old shockingly revealed that he ‘wants a body on his record’.
“I want a body on my record, I want one,” Wilder said in his Breakfast Club interview.
The Bronze Bomber, he wants (a body). I always tell people, when I'm in the ring like I am the Bronze Bomber. With him, it's so crazy, when I'm in the Bronze Bomber, I don't really care.
“Everything about me changes. I don't get nervous, I don't get scared, I don't get butterflies, I don't have no feeling towards the man I'm fit to fight.”
He also revealed that he thought he had killed someone when he defeated Artur Szpilka with a brutal knockout to win the WBC title in June 2016.
I thought I had one, one time with Szpilka cause he wasn’t breathing when he hit the canvas. Somebody goin go,” he said.
Wilder has been vocal about wanting to face Joshua so he can be the first undisputed heavyweight champion since Lennox Lewis.
I want that on my record because when I’m in a state of mind, I ain't myself.”


Wilder wants a body and it could be Joshua


Joshua could be Wilder's next opponent (PA)
 


Later in the interview, it was suggested that Joshua might be the boxer that could die in the ring.
I have nothing against Joshua, I told him ‘when we fight, we goin party after’ unless he will be the first body,” Wilder said.
Wilder has, however, be criticised for the chilling comment and WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said the sanctioning body will now investigate their heavyweight champion.
“It’s not acceptable and the WBC disciplinary committee will look into this delicate matter,” he wrote on Twitter.
I  have known @BronzeBomber for a long time, I respect him and do not believe he could say that he wants to kill someone in the ring.”

Deaths in boxing

Scott WestgarthplayBritish boxer Scott Westgarth in February 2017 died from injuries he sustained in a clash (PA Archive/PA Images)
 

Deaths in the ring are not new in boxing as approximately 500 fighters have died in the ring or as a result of boxing since 1884.
In February, British boxer Scott Westgarth died in hospital from injuries he sustained in a fightagainst Dec Spelman.
Westgarth had beaten Spellman via points after 10 rounds in an English title eliminator in Doncaster, South Yorkshire on Saturday, February 24 fight.
Westgarth seemed to be in pain during post-fight interviews and he was rushed to the Royal Hallamshire Hospital where he died.
Professional boxers know the risks and often sign a life waiver before every fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ex-Liverpool & Chelsea coach, Rafa Benitez unveiled as manager of China's Dalian Yifang on huge £12m-a-year deal

Ex- Liverpool  and  Chelsea  coach,  Rafa Benitez  has been unveiled as the new manager of Chinese Super League side  Dalian Yifang , foll...